Valley Health Care School-Based Health Centers
Providing health services to children through our schools
Valley Health Care Inc. (VHC) is sending our licensed healthcare providers to area schools to give on-site medical care to children. We will work with your child’s regular physician or primary care provider (PCP) to monitor the health of and provide care to your child.
Examples of the services we provide are:
- Treatment for acute illnesses such as the flu
- Treatment for chronic illnesses such as asthma and diabetes
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- School and sports physicals
- Referrals and coordination of outside services such as x-rays, dental work, and other services not available at the school-based health center
Our services will be available throughout the year. Take a look at our schedule for when our center will be open at our schools.
All Children are Eligible
All children enrolled in the school-based health services program are eligible to receive services regardless of insurance status. VHC accepts most insurance plans, including WV CHIP and Medicaid. Coverage and costs for services provided depends upon your insurance coverage.
If you have no insurance, please contact VHC for assistance in enrolling in an insurance plan or the VHC Care Program or for assistance with enrolling in an insurance plan through the Healthcare Marketplace. The VHC Care Program provides care to uninsured patients at a rate of 20% to 50% of the total cost.